No Legal Aid available for your case?

Very few solicitors are now undertaking Legal Aid work for family law cases.  As from April 2013 Legal Aid is no longer be available for most family law cases.  

How can we help?

We can sometimes offer fixed fees for

• Divorce (when you are bringing the proceedings and they are not opposed)
• Divorce (when you are not opposing the proceedings commenced by your spouse)
• Civil Partnership (when you are bringing the proceedings and they are not opposed)
• Civil Partnership (when you are not opposing the proceedings commenced by your spouse)
• Children proceedings (up to a specified stages)
• Financial proceedings on divorce or civil partnership dissolution (up to specified stages)
• Injunctions
• Separation (where a deed of separation is required)
• Consent Orders after terms are agreed between you
• General Advice on any family matter

To be eligible for the fixed fee advice your income from all sources must be under a specified level.  You would need to contact us for us to make an assessment of your eligibility and would you need to telephone our offices on (01702) 527815 or complete the contact us enquiry form on our website or e-mail us for further information.

There are strict terms and conditions that apply to these proceedings that are covered by fixed fees.  You will be provided with full details once we have assessed your financial eligibility to receive this fixed fee advice.

Further Information

We have introduced an affordable alternative in offering fixed fees so that you can budget and get legal advice and representation to a level that you can afford.  The fixed fee advice that we offer will get you to certain stages of various proceedings according to how much you can afford to pay.  We can offer levels that involve general advice which will be the lowest fixed fees leading on to fixed fees that will enable you to start and reach certain stages of court proceedings.

If you need help in starting divorce proceedings if you have a very limited budget we would recommend that you come in on an appointment for general advice as to the divorce procedure before you start this yourself.  We can offer a full fixed fee package that will take you through the start of the divorce proceedings up to the conclusion of those proceedings upon Decree Absolute.  We can also offer the same service in respect of civil partnership proceedings.

Where you have reached an agreement with your partner we can advise you and prepare a consent order on your behalf and we are able to offer fixed fees for this service.  The amount of those fees will be dependent upon how the agreement is reached whether through mediation, agreement between the two of you or a whether it is negotiated through solicitors.  We can provide details of the fees for each of these services so that you can decide what you can afford.

We are able to offer fixed fees for a separation where a deed of separation is required.

We also offer fixed fees for domestic violence and Injunction work if you are not eligible for legal aid.

Contact Us


I understand that Deborah Gibbins & Co will use my contact details to get in touch to help my enquiry

Your data is stored in line with our Privacy Policy


What Our Clients say...

We would like to say a special thanks for all the work you have put in to re-unite us with our granddaughter and to get what she wants.  You are a credit to your chosen profession.  Many thanks.

Mr and Mrs B – Basildon